"These are a few of my favorite things..."4:11:00 PM
This is going to be a random mishmosh of "things I love" 1. my Magic Bullet Blender -- Okay, so it can't make an omlet, bu...
This is going to be a random mishmosh of "things I love"
1. my Magic Bullet Blender -- Okay, so it can't make an omlet, but it can do lots of other things
I like to buy frozen fruit (or freeze it myself, as in the case of bananas) and make smoothies for breakfast
I make a pitcher of herbal or green tea in the beginning of the week and throw it in the fridge, add in the banana and blend (so you don't get chunks of frozen banana), then add in any additional fruits. And serve! Use a little less liquid and you get a sorbet-like dessert (such as raspberry and orange juice with a little mint).
I also use it to make ridiculously easy, ridiculously healthy, and ridiculously tasty soups (broccoli soup, pea soup, 'cream' of corn soup with diced peppers mixed in, sweet potato curry, etc.)
I also use it in my preparation of salsa (since I am a spaz when it comes to chopping up jalepeños without getting it on some delicate skin or my eyes). I throw the jalepeños and garlic in the blender to make a nice even paste that spreads and coats the tomatoes evenly. With the extra cilantro (as there is always extra cilantro), I throw it in the blender to make a cilantro pesto (with the residual flavor of garlic and jalepeños as well as some lime juice).
Which brings me to...
Okay, so where do you use cilantro pesto? Voila!
- Wii Fit
- Body Glide
- iPod shuffle (not the newer ones)
- Basketball-length shorts
- The trend towards tapas and healthy appetizers in many different types of restaurants
- my ninja reflexes
- Liberator Shapes (not safe for work) for when my back is acting up and I can't sleep flat and sleep using the ramp
- Everyone who reads my blog and shares in the journey