It scares me. It really does.
I try to be mindful of it, and not ask too much of my back. But realisitically speaking, I could herniate a disc getting out of bed, getting out of a chair, or doing nothing at all.
So where does that put me in terms of my journey?
1. be mindful of the pain, and treat it gently, crying if I need to.
3. don't deal with it by drinking (that's how my mom dealt with her back pain)
4. STRETCH when possible, ICE when needed
5. focus on my diet (fresh fruits and veg, lean protein, water, Vitamin D supplements)
6. hope that resting my back for a few days will help alleviate the pain
and if all of that fails
7. go back to doctors and discuss another round of epidural steroids
8. get MRI to see if I've caused any additional damage
9. get sexy men to carry me every where on a litter
10. hire some maids/assistants to take care of my apartment/errands