I haven't been writing in any of my blogs lately (personal or public) and the result is that my head feels a bit out of sorts. That being said, lots has been bouncing around in my skull.
So in list form:
1. The thing I've been dying to talk about is a little... well... gross. But I just wanted to say that one reason everyone should run is that the post-run bowel movement is just about the best thing on this world. I mean, you can run and sweat and feel like you've done something good for yourself, but it's not until you've gone to the bathroom that you truly feel a weight lifted. Just sayin.... Oh man, I've been dying to say that for a few weeks. I know, I'm disgusting and uncouth, but I promised you all I'd be truthful in this space. And well... I know there's more than one person out there that will agree with me.
2. I've been plateaued for the past few weeks and it's frustrating. The one thing I need to keep in mind is that I might be gaining muscle and losing fat -- and that the weight difference can make it look like a plateau. I know my body is changing. More importantly, I know my mind is changing.
3. I also know that this past weekend was a gastric bomb that went off in my meal plan. Nothing I ate was too bad, and (drumroll please...I didn't get drunk on my birthday; just had 2 beers post-kayaking, 3 drinks at my birthday dinner, and a glass of champagne at the bar.... with tons of water inbetween). I just ate more than I normally ate, and boy was it nommy!
4. And I'm wondering if this will end up having a positive effect on the plateau. I might've gained some weight with all the eating and my body is like "Whoa! We have calories to burn! Let's go Robby!" And it'll help me make my way down the scale. If not, I need to tweak what I'm doing (incuding do something drastic like learning Zumba (I dance like a epileptic newborn deer).
5. Running on the elliptical has a tendency to be boring. I wish my back wasn't so craptastic and I could run outside, especially as we move into beautiful fall weather.
6. I've done something I didn't want to do. I've had to create lists of "favorites" on Twitter (451 followers) gReader (140 blogs!) and Facebook (379 friends). This is on top of my personal blog followers and person Facebook friends (colleagues, friends, family). I feel bad because I think everyone deserves my attention, but at some point it just got to be overwhelming. So please don't take offense if I'm not reponding to every post. I'm happy when you lose X lbs. I'm sorry when you gain Y lbs. I'm elated when you're eating well. I'm understanding if you've had a slip up. I assure you that I'm reading them -- just not always commenting. If you need to reach me personally, please do! I'm always available if you need support or information!