- I love my eyes. They are one of the most spectacular things about me, even if I wear colored contacts :P
- Though at times I fight with it, I love having straight hair. It is very well behaved.
- I love my voice. It is one of the jewels I was born with.
- I love my nose. Sure, it might be big, but that's to get al that oxygen in my body. Mine... all mine!
- I love my hips. They are one of my many beautiful curves.
- I love my long, strong lower legs. They proclaim to the world that I am a runner.
- I love my stomach fat. It's fuel. It is womanly and beautiful.
- I've got a really nice rack.
- I love my knees. They really get the job done, whether on the elliptical or in a skirt.
- I love that I can wake up early if I need to and instantly feel cognizant. It's a special skill.
- I love my strong arms. all the better to hug you with
- I love that my body is strong enough to fight off the flu.
- I love my body's ability to repair itself after a night out of drinking/dancing with a girlfriend
- I love walking down the street in spandex running pants. Why? It is a great reminder to myself that I'm on a mission to please myself, not anyone else.
- I went out dancing without a stitch of makeup on. Normally this would scare me, but I knew I was going to be working up a sweat and that was more important to me than looking good doing it.
- The capacity of my heart -- and its resilience. It has never failed me.
- I love my quick wit. I may not be the smartest person out there, but i have a way with words that even smart people are jealous of.
- I love how I define myself now by what I can do, and less by what I cannot do.
- I love how smart I am (and modest, too!). It's one of my best qualities.
- I have my moments of fearlessness.
- I love that I'm strong enough to confront the things that scare me.
- I love that I knew myself well enough NOT to go to law school and have a career I hated. So now I have a job I love, where I'm respected, and where I actually get to go home at 5:30. Not bad. But it wouldn't have happened if I listened to other people.
- My competitive spirit has never let me down. I'm not always competing against another person, but I always want to out do myself.
- Though I am only 29, I have some wisdom to share. One of those tidbits is knowing when to take some rest and heal.
- I love that I can dig deep when i need to.
- I love the depths of my compassion
- I love my competitive spirit that makes me go above and beyond what I thought I am capable of.
- I love that because I had the courage to go on this journey in the first place that not only am I inspiring other people to go on the journey, but I have left a trail for them to follow.
With that in mind.....
You are extraordinary. You are a force to be reckoned with and a person to be cherished and honored, not just at this moment -- in the wake of an amazing accomplisment of running over 100 miles in 28 days -- but at every moment in your life past, present, and future.
You have always been an exceptional and spectacular person. Through the triumphs and joy, the despair and heartache, at no point were you anything less than the person you are now. You have shown courage and vulnerability when needed, and strength and confidence in the face of the unknown. You have always been beloved by me.
How you have come to love your whole self (body, mind, heart) through not just words, but action, is a statement to not only the world, but to yourself -- a mantra of love. The way you move your body shows me you understand the gift of having the ability to move (especially in light of your injuries). The way you nourish your body shows me you understand the connection between food and your well being. Your work towards seeing your true self in a mirror shows me you are no longer looking for invisible faults.
In sum, the person you are today is quite lovely. Never forget that. And if you do forget that, I'll be here waiting to guide you back home.
Other Love Letters: