Are you updating your #NovGTD mileage? There are lots of gaps/holes in the spreadsheet. It'd be great if you could enter your miles (even if it's 0) just so I know you're still with us!
Consider answering the GTD wrap-up questions in your own blog. Leave a comment here or send me an email if you want me to add a link to your comments.
I've asked one of #NovGTD's most chatty participants, and one of GTD's newest members, @CannyMonkey, to write a guest post to wrap-up #NovGTD. Look for that on December 1.
Which brings us to... #DecGTD!
October's spreadsheet where everyone has their own tab (at the bottom of the page) that feeds into a summary page.
I'm also asking people to think about more than mileage. There are spots at the top to write down some important doctor's appointments from last year. Think about setting appointments or reminders for 2011. (Also, when you get a blood test, consider asking them to test your Vitamin D levels.) There is a spot on the top for goals as well. Instead of a monthly goal, think about what you want to accomplish for 2011. Think big.
Also, there are daily entries for miles, ounces of water (that you drink... not use for watering flowers), servings of fruit, servings of vegetables, and how you feel. I am a fan of saying "weight loss means nothing without health gain." I want people to begin to think about health as being more than just calories in and out, but how it all interrelates.How to join #DecGTD:
- Click on THIS LINK (bookmarking it would be a good idea as you will be using it often)
- Fill out a line on the "Summary" spreadsheet (do not use columns G or H -- I'll take care of those) Use separate lines if you want to do different modalities (i.e. one for running, one for biking)
- Find your correlating individual tab (it should be "@[line number where you entered your info]") -- make sure your information from the "Summary" tab has been pulled onto this sheet (and not someone else's information -- if so, contact me).
- Rename the tab "@[twitter name]" or if you don't have Twitter "@[nickname]"
- Fill out the sheet as you wish -- including dates of drs appointments, goals, and eventually mileage, ounces of water, servings of fruit/veg, and how you feel.
- Update your own individual page as needed. The total mileage will automatically be updated on the Summary tab as you report on your individual page.
- Follow #DecGTD on Twitter for support if you need it or to support others when they do, to announce achievements, and find new/old friends!
- PLEASE DO NOT DELETE LINES OR TABS!