1. The next #OctGTD report is October 22-28 on Friday, October 29, 2010. My email is, as always, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The FINAL #OctGTD report is for October 29-31 and you should send me your email by November 3rd (November 3-6 will be very busy for me, so my apologies if your numbers aren't updated as fast as normal).
3. Some people have asked me if there's going to be a #NovGTD/November Going the Distance Challenge. My initial response was that I'd love to see someone else take the reins and come up with their own challenge. I will be busy working with Rebecca and Bernie of the Nurture Principles (@ScritchfieldRD and @BernieSalazar on Twitter) on their upcoming project (more info coming regarding that on November 1). HOWEVER... if you want to do a #NovGTD that is basically the same as #OctGTD, I'll provide a place for that:
The #NovGTD Spreadsheet and Participant Chart are located HERE. Sign yourself up, but you'll be responsible for going to this link to input your own miles on the four reporting dates (November 10, 17, 24 and December 1). Please be careful editing the spreadsheet and let me know if you need help entering your information.
4. Regarding Rebecca and Bernie's project -- we had a call regarding it today. I am so excited to share this with you and I hope you in turn share it with your blog followers, your family, your friends, and your coworkers. I am so sorry I'm being vague, but like I said, I'll spill the beans on November 1.
5. I'm very excited to announce that @VinnySlavin will be providing a guest post -- wrapping up some thoughts and feelings about #OctGTD. If anyone else is doing the same in their own blog, give me/Vinny a heads up so we can include a linky link here.
6. As we are wrapping up #OctGTD I'd really like you to consider a few things:
- How do you think you did over the course of the month?
- Did you overestimate or underestimate your capabilities? Why is this? Is this representative of a larger trend in your life?
- Did you learn anything about yourself while doing this?
- Can you apply what you've learned in #OctGTD somewhere else in your life?
- Did you make any new friends through #OctGTD -- were you able to support each other?
- What was the hardest part of the challenge? (physical? mental/psychological?)
- What do you think you did really well this month? (doesn't have to be about #OctGTD)
- What do you think you could improve on? (again, doesn't have to be about #OctGTD)
- No matter the numbers you already entered, are you going to finish strong, or taper off?
- Did you go the distance? And no, I don't mean did you hit 100% of your goal... did you put yourself out there and really try for it? Is 80% still something you can be proud of?