Kettlebell Info Session10:14:00 AM
Presented by @KCLAnderson, @workoutmommy @girlhero best to do barefoot or in minimal shoe kettlebells will win versus face/head/brain -- s...
Presented by @KCLAnderson, @workoutmommy @girlhero
- best to do barefoot or in minimal shoe
- kettlebells will win versus face/head/brain -- so if you feel like you're going to drop the bell while it's over head, move out of its way.
- there's a difference between exercise and competition bells
- a jug of milk is 8lbs -- women should start at a 15 or 18lb kettlebell; men should start around 25lb-- it's easier to use a heavier bell
- Find a grip/handle that you like -- you want a solid/cast piece (not a handle that's welded on). You want to invest in a good bell (i.e. please don't get the target ones)
- Kettlebell vs dumbell -- working multiple muscle groups in one motion; use your whole body; the weight in a kettlebell is off-center, forces you to stabilize core (dumbells are balanced equally)
- Anyone can do kettlebells, low impact -- but listen to your body!! ((if you have back problems/shoulder issues, be very mindful!!)
- Anyone can do kettlebells! (old, young, pregnant)
- Find a trainer who has been certified (lots of bad info out there...ahem, Jillian Michaels)
- @KCLAnderson doing the basic swing:
- Around the body