|If you see Katie, be sure |
to buy her a drink!
Not only is Katie one of the most socially/environmentally aware people that I know, she's also one of the kindest people I've ever met. Originally from Cleveland, Katie has lived in Baltimore for the past few years. In that time she has made many connections in the local community -- through Fresh Farms and her work in sustainable living.
Katie's Bmore* Fit and Fun List:
Run to Fort McHenry
- Approximately a 8 mile loop from the Marriott Baltimore Waterfront
- Stop by the Federal Hill Park (at Battery Ave and Key Highway), run up and down the steps and take a break to take in the jaw dropping view of the Inner Harbor.
- Pass by the American Visionary Art Museum for eye candy.
- Run along the waterfront and pass by rowhomes built in late 1800s.
- Loop around Ft. McHenry to see the statue dedicated to Francis Scott Key. Stretch, watch the boats on the water and stop in the newly opened visitors’ center.
- Shopping, live music and many dining options.
- For those looking for something different or have dietary restrictions, check out:
Pizzazz Tuscan Grille, 711 Eastern Ave, Baltimore, MD 21202 – sources local and organic food, accommodates people with special dietary needs.
Keep walking to Harbor East (Baltimore’s “second” downtown just past the Inner Harbor)
- Teavolve, 1401 Aliceanna St, Baltimore, MD 21231 – Lounge with wraps, light entrees, crepes and tea infused alcoholic drinks. Live music on weekend evenings with no cover charge.
- Bagby Pizza Co, 1006 Fleet St, Baltimore, MD 21202 – Not just pizza! Also includes entrees, sandwiches, salads – and a fun atmosphere.
- Liquid Earth, 1626 Aliceanna St, Baltimore, MD 21231 – A haven for vegetarians but loved by meat-eaters as well. Only downfall is they close at 7 pm! Good place to grab an early dinner and then grab a drink or dessert in Fells Point.
- Bertha’s Mussels, 734 S. Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21231 – Famous for their mussels. Other options, such as chicken and vegetarian options are available.
- Pitango, 802 S. Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21231 – The best gelato ever. Nuff said.
- Koopers, 1702 Thames Street, Baltimore MD 21231 -- fun atmosphere and dog friendly. For parties of 6 or more, call ahead! @ (410) 563-5423
In Canton (East of Fells Point)
- Mama's on the Half Shell, 2901 O'Donnell St, Baltimore, Maryland, 21224 -- one of the best seafood places in baltimore
- Dangerously Delicious Pies: 2839 O’Donnell St. Baltimore, MD (under 2 miles from the hotel.... this is just one reason why it's dangerous!)
Dine in Historic Federal HillA 10 minute walk from the Marriott Baltimore Waterfront and downtown
- Regi’s Bistro, 1002 Light St, Baltimore, MD 21230 – great salads and sandwiches, sources much of their food from local farms.
- Ryleigh’s Oyster House, 36 E Cross St, Baltimore, MD 21230 – amazing crab cakes, oyster. Great salads and sandwiches.
- Byblos, 1033 Light St, Baltimore, MD 21230 – Lebanese food. Excellent light fare and friendly staff. Small dining area. Or better yet, take the food as carry out and eat at Federal Hill Park just a block away.
- Brewers Art, 1106 North Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21201 – One of the best bars in the country. Beautiful historic building, laid back atmosphere, incredible beer (they brew their own), and delicious food. Live music in the lower level.
- Soup’s On, 11 W. Preston St, Baltimore, MD 21201 – Best for a light, quick lunch or dinner. Small menu that changes daily with soup, sandwich and salad options.
If that's not enough activity, check out one of Baltimore's many gyms for a free pass (sign up before you travel, print out any vouchers)!
- Maryland Athletic Center free 7-day pass (super close to the Marriott)
- Merritt Athletic Clubs free VIP 1-day Pass
- Charm City Yoga -- $15/class
- Bikram Yoga Baltimore -- $20/1-week pass for new members
Aww! My cousin is one of the owners of The Brewer's Art. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see that on your list. :DReply
Sharla -- so.... um... party at Brewer's Art? Can we get a deal on pitchers?Reply
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I'll do my very best to respond to it in a timely manner!