I'm still here....8:26:00 PM
I haven't had much to say lately. Just trying to stay on the path and keep my spirits up. The one thing I did kinda want to talk about...
I haven't had much to say lately. Just trying to stay on the path and keep my spirits up.
The one thing I did kinda want to talk about is tangential to the whole weight loss process.
I have so many friends who have done the work -- lost the weight, found their self-esteem and in the process found out just how strong and wonderful they are.
And guys.... guys still are assholes to them. My beautiful, intelligent, talented, strong, inspirational friends who have paved the way for me to go on my own journey are being treated so badly. It really upsets me. I mean, if guys do this to them... what's in store for me?
Is this what our grandmothers and mothers fought so hard for with women's lib?
A Single Girl's Dating Manifesto:
1. It might be all bold and modern for a girl to ask a guy out, but we'd like to know your testicles are still attached to the rest of your body. If you're interested, do the asking, or we'll just assume you're not interested and move along.
2. Men and women can figure out if they want to have sex with each other in under 30 seconds. But finding to have someone to have sex with is easy. Harder to find, though, is someone I want to spend time with. Allocate more than 15 minutes for our first date. Better yet, allocate more than an hour. An hour isn't much to risk even if the date is horrible.
3. Women know that there's a communication gap between the sexes. That being said, you still need to attempt to communicate. Use your words and we'll try to speak your language of action.
4. If you are not interested in us, or have lost interest in us, have the balls to at least say it. Do not just fade off into the sunset. That requires no courage and makes you look like a wimp.
5. Yes, we might be strong and independent, but we still need you. Okay, so it might not be in the ways you are expecting (opening jars, stepping on spiders, or fixing a car), but we still need to feel protected and safe. Do your best to show us that you will be there for us when times get rough.
6. Okay, you're dissatisfied. Either realize that relationships take work or break up with me. Cheating requires no spine.
[to be continued]